While you're at home, the built-in Google Assistant of your Link 10 can become your voice assistant. It offers voice commands, voice searching, and voice activated device control, letting you complete a number of tasks after you've spoken the "OK Google" or "Hey, Google" wake words.
Setting up the Google Assistant is not required. You can still use your JBL Link 10 as a wireless speaker if it is simply paired with another Bluetooth device.
The Google Assistant connects to your home WiFi network in order to function. Because of this, if your speaker is removed from your home, the Google Assistant will stop working until the speaker is either returned home, or connected to a different WiFi network using the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Turn on the power to your speaker by pressing the power button on the side of the speaker. The 5 LED lights above the power button will light up when the device is turned on.
- Open the Google Home app.
- Your device should be listed in the app. Tap on Set up next to your device.
- Tap Yes to set up your device.
- A sound will play, once you hear the sound tap Yes.
- Choose a location for your speaker and then tap Next.
- Choose a name for your speaker and then tap Next.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list and tap next.
- If asked, enter your passcode for your Wi-Fi network and tap Next.
You may be asked to enter your passcode or have Google Home do it for you if you have already connected to the network before.
- You will be presented with a page about Google and it's partners. Once you have reviewed the information hit Next.
- Tap I Agree to set up Voice Match.
You can tap "No Thanks" to skip this step. If you do not want to use Voice Match, it will be harder for Google to recognize your voice.
- If asked, repeat the phrases on the screen.
If you have already set up Voice Match you will be advised that it has already been set up.
- Enter your address and tap Confirm Address.
This step is optional and you can tap "Skip" to bypass this step if you do not want to provide your address.
- You can add additional music and video services. Once finished tap Next.
- You will now see a screen with a summary of your information. Tap Continue.
Now that your Link 10 is connected to your home WiFi network, the WiFi light beneath the JBL badge will illuminate. The amount of the light lit indicates your wireless signal strength. If the speaker is removed from your home, this light will go off to indicate that it is no longer connected to WiFi.